Friday, February 10, 2006

Broken Stone: Adolescent Vampires' Crys for Help


From what first began as a small cry for help, the Vampires Realm of Darkness has brought to light many of the issues that shadow young vampires today.

'Adolescent Vampires experience confusion too,' says Vampire elder, Laurasi.

'The site has helped many vampires connect and network from all areas of the world. Many of them have uncovered past lives, and made big steps in determining their immortal lives.'

One such member of the site, DOA999, tells of her own immortal story.

'My story begins over 1,000 years ago. I am over 1,000 years old, though, not my body.

My soul is immortal; my body dies after one lifetime. Life after life, I am reincarnated into a new body ...

This life, I am a female by the name of Samantha. I barely remember my past lives, only bits and peaces of it ...'

Although over 1000 years old; at just 26 posts Samantha ranks only as 'Junior Mortal.'

Another member, Catclaw, claims a similar heritage.

'I'm 125,003 years old well my spirit is anyway in this life i'm only 16 1/2 years old.'

In fact, most of the site's members are between 14 and 17.

Site moderator, Dracmus31 believes that this is because older vampires often deny their true vampire selves or give in to pressures from their 'mere mortal' parents to become 'mature civilians'.

'They also have trouble adapting their vampire lives to the mortal world. Sometimes people just don't understand what it's like to be a vampire,' tells the site leader.

Dracmus31 also lists a chant for all vampires on his profile;

'Hathra caterrok dai avend dai oun la treden doc so say avenddai. oni ol la ochoa duainva.'

Far Side experts loosely translate the chant as 'I am the eggman. I am the walrus, coo coo ca choo, coo coo ca choo.'

However, others suggest the chant more likely means - 'Thy knee bone be connected to thy thigh bone, thy thigh bone be connected to thy hip bone.'


Many believe that Dracmus31 is in fact an assumed name for Australian token-oldie, Genie Little.

DISCLAIMER: SPELLING MISTAKES UNCHANGED FROM ORIGINAL POSTS; SOME QUOTES MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN IMAGINED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home